Recently rennovated, Castel Beseno is the largest feudal fortress in the Trentino region. First written documents date back to the 12th century, when the castle still belonged to the counts of Appiano and served as a residence to the aristocratic family Da Beseno. In the following years and centuries, the castle witnessed a rather turbulent history. In 1470, it was handed over to the counts Trapp, a noble family from Styria affiliated with the Austrian emperor. Soon it had to be rennovated due to a fire and was turned into a residence. Threatened by decay, the castle was given to the Province of Trento, rennovated, and made a remote seat of the Castello del Buonconsiglio Museum. Two mighty elliptical walls featuring a length of 250 and 55 meters surround it. Worth seeing are the dark castle gate, the drawbridge, the crenels, and the arena.